Belgium has emerged as a popular destination for international students seeking high-quality education. The VLIR-UOS ICP Scholarships offer an exceptional opportunity for students from eligible countries to study in Belgium. These scholarships are designed to support master’s degree programs focused on subjects aligned with the Agenda 2030 and SDG principles.
VLIR-UOS, the scholarship sponsor, supports a selection of 15 ICPs and provides an annual intake of 10 new first-year scholarships for each ICP.
To be eligible for the VLIR-UOS ICP Scholarships to study in Belgium for the academic year 2023-2024, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Nationality and Country of Residence: Applicants must be international students from one of the eligible countries, which include Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Cambodia, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Philippines, Vietnam, Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru, and Suriname.
- Master’s Degree: Scholarships are awarded for master’s degree programs in development-related studies.
- Age Limit: The maximum age for an initial master’s program is 35, and for an advanced master’s program, it is 40.
- Professional Background: Priority is given to candidates who are employed in academic institutions, research institutes, governments, the social economy, NGOs, or who aim for a career in one of these sectors.
- English Language Requirement: International applicants need to meet specific English language requirements to study at the university.
The VLIR-UOS ICP Scholarships cover various expenses to ensure that selected candidates can fully concentrate on their studies. The scholarship benefits include:
- Tuition Fees: The scholarships cover the full cost of tuition fees for the entire duration of the master’s program.
- Travel Expenses: Selected candidates receive financial support for travel expenses to and from Belgium.
- Insurance: Health and accident insurance coverage is provided under the scholarship.
- Living Expenses: The scholarship covers board and lodging expenses, ensuring that students can focus on their studies without financial burden.
To apply for the VLIR-UOS ICP Scholarships to study in Belgium for the academic year 2023-2024, follow these steps:
- Check Eligibility: Ensure that you meet all the eligibility criteria mentioned earlier, including nationality, age limit, and professional background.
- Select a Master’s Program: Explore the selected master’s programs supported by VLIR-UOS and choose the one that aligns with your academic interests and career goals.
- Apply for Admission: Visit the website of the university offering your chosen master’s program and follow the instructions to apply for admission to the program.
- Apply for the Scholarship: While applying for the master’s program, indicate your interest in applying for the VLIR-UOS ICP Scholarship. Ensure that you submit all the required documents, including your resume, passport copy, and bachelor’s degree certificate.
- Application Deadline: Be aware of the application deadlines, which vary depending on the master’s program. Most deadlines are around February 1st or 28th, 2023. Check the specific deadline for your chosen program.
The selection of candidates for the VLIR-UOS ICP Scholarships is based on the following criteria:
- Motivation: Candidates’ motivation and professional goals should demonstrate their competence in transferring knowledge/skills and their commitment to sustainable development.
- Professional Experience: Preference is given to candidates who have the potential to implement and transfer the acquired knowledge/skills in a sustainable development context, such as higher education, government, civil society, or the private sector.
- Gender Balance: VLIR-UOS aims to achieve a balance between male and female candidates, encouraging female candidates to apply.
- Regional Balance: The scholarships aim to have a reasonable representation of scholars from different countries and regions, ensuring diversity and inclusivity.
- Leave No One Behind (LNOB): Preference is given to candidates from vulnerable groups in case of equally qualified candidates.
Study in Flanders: A Great Destination for International Student
Flanders, the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium, offers an excellent environment for international students. Studying in cities like Antwerp, Brussels, Ghent, Hasselt, or Leuven provides access to a multicultural and multilingual society. Flanders is known for its high-quality education, affordable living costs, and a high standard of living. Moreover, being located in the heart of Europe, Flanders offers numerous opportunities for cultural exploration and professional growth.
Scholarship Official website: VLIR-UOS ICP Scholarships
The VLIR-UOS ICP Scholarships to study in Belgium for the academic year 2023-2024 present a remarkable opportunity for international students from eligible countries. These scholarships cover tuition fees, travel expenses, insurance, and living expenses, allowing students to focus on their studies without financial worries.
By following the application procedures and meeting the eligibility criteria, you can take a step towards pursuing a master’s degree in Belgium and becoming an agent of change in your home country or region. Don’t miss out on this chance to broaden your horizons and contribute to sustainable development.
See More Posts