The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship for Studies in USA 2024 is an exceptional opportunity for Egyptian students who aspire to pursue a Master’s degree in Development Practice (MDP) at the prestigious Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota. This fully funded scholarship program, administered by Newton Education Services on behalf of the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development, aims to empower outstanding individuals to develop their skills and knowledge in order to make a positive impact in the field of development.
About the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship
The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship is a highly sought-after scholarship program that offers full funding to Egyptian nationals who wish to study in the United States. The scholarship covers all tuition fees, living expenses, travel costs, and health insurance, providing comprehensive support to ensure the recipients can focus on their studies and personal growth without financial burden.
Eligibility Criteria for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship
To be eligible for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Egyptian Nationality: Only Egyptian nationals residing in Egypt are eligible to apply for the scholarship. Dual nationality holders are not given preference.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a reputable academic institution, with a focus on a related field of study.
- Work Experience: Candidates should demonstrate a minimum of two years of work experience in the field of development, showcasing their commitment and dedication to making a difference in their community.
- Academic Requirements: Applicants must satisfy the entry requirements for the academic MDP program at the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs. While no specific academic track is required, students with a strong background in liberal arts, mathematics, statistics, and economics are highly recommended.
- Merit and Character: The scholarship is awarded based on a combination of financial need and merit. Applicants should demonstrate exceptional qualities through their academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and social behavior.
- English Proficiency: Proficiency in the English language is required, as evidenced by a valid TOEFL or IELTS score. The minimum required scores are 100 (TOEFL internet-based, with a minimum of 22 in each section) or 7 (IELTS, with a minimum of 7 in each section). The exam date should be within two years of the start of the graduate program.
Benefits of the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship
Selected recipients of the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship will receive comprehensive financial support, including:
- Full Tuition Coverage: The scholarship covers all tuition fees, ensuring that students can focus on their studies without the burden of financial obligations.
- Living Expenses: Recipients will receive support for their living expenses, allowing them to fully immerse themselves in their academic journey.
- Travel Expenses: The scholarship covers the travel costs associated with studying in the United States, ensuring that students can embark on this life-changing opportunity without any financial constraints.
- Health Insurance: The scholarship provides comprehensive health insurance coverage, ensuring that students have access to quality healthcare throughout their studies.
Application Process for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship
To apply for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship, prospective candidates must follow the application process outlined below:
- Online Application Submission: Interested applicants must complete and submit an online application form. This form serves as the initial step in expressing their interest in the scholarship opportunity.
- Document Submission: Alongside the application form, candidates are required to submit essential documents that substantiate their eligibility and qualifications. These documents play a crucial role in showcasing their potential and suitability for the scholarship.
- Adherence to Deadline: It is vital to adhere to the specified application deadline. Ensuring that the online application and all required documents are submitted punctually is fundamental for consideration in the scholarship selection process.
Required Documents for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship
Applicants are required to submit a comprehensive set of documents as part of the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship application. These documents include:
- Completed Application Form: The application form should be filled out accurately and thoroughly, providing all the necessary information required for assessment.
- Personal Statement: Applicants must submit a compelling personal statement, highlighting their aspirations, motivations, and how the scholarship will contribute to their academic and professional goals.
- Passport ID Page: A clear and legible copy of the passport’s ID page is required to verify the applicant’s identity.
- National ID: Candidates must provide a copy of their National ID, affirming their Egyptian citizenship.
- Guarantor’s National ID: A copy of the designated guarantor’s National ID is necessary. The guarantor is the individual responsible for ensuring the student’s adherence to commitments and can be a family member.
- Updated Resume: An updated and well-structured resume should be submitted, detailing the applicant’s educational and professional journey.
- Academic Transcripts: Comprehensive academic transcripts, encompassing both undergraduate and graduate records (if applicable), should be provided.
- English Proficiency Scores: Valid TOEFL or IELTS scores reflecting the applicant’s English language proficiency are mandatory. The scores should be within two years of the commencement of the graduate program.
- Letters of Recommendation: Two letters of recommendation attesting to the applicant’s character and capabilities should be included in the application.
- Personal Photograph: A recent personal photograph should be submitted to provide a visual context to the application.
- HR Letter or Bank Statement: Applicants should include an HR letter from their current employer, including salary information or salary slips. In cases of unemployment, a bank statement can be submitted.
Scholarship Official website: Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship for Studies in USA 2024
The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship for Studies in USA 2024 offers an incredible opportunity for Egyptian students to pursue a Master’s degree in Development Practice at the renowned Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota. This fully funded scholarship program provides comprehensive financial support, enabling students to focus on their studies and personal growth without financial burdens. By adhering to the application process and submitting the required documents, eligible candidates can position themselves for potential educational advancement and contribute to the field of development in their communities and beyond.
See More Posts